• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPP-27349] Old back-ups are not removed

Joost de Bruijn

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm using the global Plesk back-up functionality to make a backup of all the websites on the server. The back-ups are stored on a remote server by FTP. The backups are made every day incremental and once a week full. In the settings, I configured a maximum of 20 back-ups. However, it seems that this maximum is ignored, because old back-ups are never removed and stay in the repository. At this moment, I remove the old back-ups manually. Is this a bug in the software or is there something I missed?

I'm using Plesk 17.0.17, MU 12 on Ubuntu 16.04.1.

Kind regards,
Joost de Bruijn

Hello. Could you please post screenshots of the "Backup Manager" (backups list) and "Scheduled Backup Settings".

"Maximum number of scheduled backup files to store" limits full backups only. E.g. if you set the parameter to 3 you could create 3 full backups with any number of increments but when 4th full backup will be created the first one and all their increments will be removed:
2016-12-29_16-45-34.png
I created bug PPP-27349 to fix the description.

Back