• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue [PPPM-6236] Backup error: path with spaces

AndreiLx

New Pleskian
Hello,

Capture.JPG
For 2-3 weeks I have noticed that plesk no longer handle ftp path that contains spaces properly.
Most of the time the backup files are saved but you will always get an email like this one:

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

Unable to resume an upload of the file to the storage: Curl error: Unable to resume an interrupted upload: (25) Upload failed (at start/before it took off): Last FTP request: APPE test: Last FTP response: 500 Command not found: Connection to the FTP server has lost
Check that you can resume uploads to the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v -P - -u userhere ftp://somedomain.here/Privat (bla-backup)/blabla/test-dir/test-file.txt
echo 456 | curl -T - -a --ftp-create-dirs -v -P - -u userhere ftp://somedomain.here/Privat (bla-backup)/blabla/test-dir/test-file.txt
curl -v -P - -u userhere ftp://somedomain.here/Privat (bla-backup)/blabla/test-dir/test-file.txt

The issue is that space in ftp path: ftp://somedomain.here/Privathere(bla-backup)/
Also, plesk suggest to test it with some commends but they don't work if you don't use "" quotes to isolate the path (curl and spaces).

Solution: I think all the time path should be inside of quotes to avoid these situations.

Hi AndreiLx,

well, from MY personal opinion, you really should avoid using spaces on linux systems - it is just not Windows. ;)

If you still desire/insist to use spaces ( for what ever reason ), instead of underslashes, or minus - signs ( which is a far better choice ), pls. consider to use these method:

Code:
Word%20NextWord

Consider as well to read: => HTML URL Encoding Reference

Back