• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pre9-backup-convert failed

A

Ali Raza

When I try to run

c:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\pre9-backup-convert.exe --source=d:\25-07-09\217-2009.07.26.psa --destination="%plesk_dir%\Backup"

it gives the following error, what should I do? The backup file size is around 9GB.

FATAL ERROR: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
Please check your backup file or try to use --force option

First of all check if there is enough RAM on your server. "System.OutOfMemoryException" directly points on memory issue, most likely it is hardware issue. Related event log errors might shed some light on the nature of the issue. Please check event log for errors (if any) reported by Plesk backup convert utility.

Its 4GB RAM, 2 X 2.0Ghz Quad Code Server

Sadly....you messed up the back and restore in Plesk 9. It is now more complex and difficult to restore or you can say there are absolutely no changes to restore a Plesk 9 server.

We have a number of server suddenly giving "System.OutOfMemoryException" errors, and support state it is memory problems on the servers.

Each server is 4GB + and none of the servers use more than 1.5GB at any time.

I do wish support would actually investigate problems they have caused.

Back