• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Prepping for PLESK please help.

Well, I recommend it, because these are the correct settings. I you desire to leave it this way, you could experience issues/errors/problems.

I only asked about the hosts file because it IS a VPS using OpenVZ virtualization and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to break anything. Not that it really matters I guess since I can rebuild the os and reinstall Plesk in a matter of minutes on the VPS if something did break. I will change it to match your suggestion for the hosts file.

You included your current mail.log, without having a tiny little look at it, am I correct with this assumption?
I mention this, because there is no single entry at the moment about an eMail to "[email protected]", so there is no possibility to investigate the issue. :rolleyes:

Well you know what they say about "ASSUMPTIONS". You are incorrect about your assumption. I looked at it line by line. :p
You will not see an email to "[email protected]" or to be precise, "[email protected]" because there is no PROBLEM sending emails to that address. If you send an email message it to it now, I could see it just fine via the webmail for that email account.
The problem is sending emails FROM "[email protected]" to an outside email address.

As you can see in the picture below, there are still 2 test emails in the queue from created email accounts, one of which is "[email protected]" to a gmail email account.

The other emails stuck in "deferred" are Plesk system emails that also never left the server

Should this not show up in the log? If it does not show up in the log, I can not help that.
gB_uU9nZQoin5OOISWf-Lg.png

Please advise and thank you. :)

Update:

I logged into the webmail for "[email protected]" and composed a new message to my gmail account.
It immediately went to "deferred".
I then tried tail /var/log/maillog and got this result:

Code:
Sep 20 23:59:43 localhost dovecot: service=imap, [email protected], ip=[::1]. Logged out rcvd=207, sent=1512
Sep 20 23:59:44 localhost postfix/smtp[1757]: connect to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4002:c03::1a]:25: Connection timed out
Sep 20 23:59:45 localhost postfix/smtp[1757]: connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.68.27]:25: Connection refused
Sep 20 23:59:45 localhost postfix/smtp[1757]: 954CB1E0421: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=63, delays=0.12/0.04/63/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.68.27]:25: Connection refused)
Sep 21 00:00:01 localhost plesk_saslauthd[1832]: select timeout, exiting

Maybe this will help?

After doing some more research I have edited /etc/postfix/main.cf and changed inet_protocols = all to inet_protocols = ipv4
systemctl restart postfix
postfix flush

Still no joy. Just thought I'd update on what I was trying.

Update:

The VPS had port 25 blocked. :mad:
They knew of my issues, they knew of the trouble I was having. I've been with them for 3 years (mostly hosting game servers or just trying out different cms's, learning more html/java/php etc but w/e. I returned to their support for this issue, since it didn't matter which control panel or mail server software I used it would never send emails out, and suddenly "oh well we have port 25 blocked due to spam". That is fine, I get it, spam is horrible and keeping an IP clean is hard enough as it is but it took that long for them to realize that they should have informed me that port 25 was closed. Any way they opened the port for me and voila, emails. I will edit the post to remark about checking this first and foremost before trying to do everything I have done here trying to get postfix to work.

Back