• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

prepping NS change to plesk [HELP]

O

Ortix

I have finally set up my websites on my new plesk server, and I am ready to move from my old cPanel vps to my dedicated Plesk server. However, I am not sure how to do the move...

my nameservers over at the vps are NS1.ANIMEKYUN.COM and NS2.ANIMEKYUN.COM

animekyun.com is registered at godaddy.com and I have the two IP's from my VPS filled in there.

What are the steps I have to take to make sure that the NS points to my new Plesk server instead of the VPS. Do I just go in and change the IP's at godaddy?

Thank you!

You have to repoint your domain glue records to your plesk server. I assume your going to run dns1.domain and dns2.domain?

You have to register these with the registar and to the ip address your using on your plesk server.

As long as bind is set up to answer the names it will all work.

But you must point the domains glue records, that's not adding a or ns records.

Don't point the glue name servers to ns1.domain and ns2.domain until you register them with the ip as they will not resolve. A proper registar provides this check and allows you to do this.

Cheers,

Back