• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Previewing A Website With CSS, PHP, JS, and FLASH

R

RandyN

Previewing A Website With PHP

There has been a long line of forums related to this, I'm hoping someone can help me.

OS Linux 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #6

Using the quick preview available in PLESK 10.4+, everything seems to work fine except PHP. Is there a way to change this? Can PHP work in preview mode?

Does it matter which PHP Apache module I'm using?

Last edited by a moderator:
ummmmmm

Are we referring to the section titled, "Quick preview of a website?"

I've carried through with all of those steps. I'm viewing my websites before DNS propogation in that manner now, with their domain name as a subdomain of the hosting domain.

Everything works fine that way, except for the PHP. The global setting for PHP is fine, the service plans, subscribers, etc... but PHP still doesn't work.

Are we referring to the section titled, "Quick preview of a website?"

correct

I've carried through with all of those steps. I'm viewing my websites before DNS propogation in that manner now, with their domain name as a subdomain of the hosting domain.

Everything works fine that way, except for the PHP. The global setting for PHP is fine, the service plans, subscribers, etc... but PHP still doesn't work.

what error do you get?

any files with the extension .php come up as

404 Not Found - The requested document was not found on this server.

It acts like they don't exist.

Well, I did some tweaking and fixed it. Although I had global PHP settings for FastCGI, and domains to follow this "service plan", turns out the one domain I was attempted to preview was using Apache Module PHP settings and I suppose that doesn't work in preview mode.

Went into global settings, allowed individual domains to adjust their settings, went to that particular domain's PHP settings, switched it to FastCGI, all PHP is working now.

Thanks danliker. I appreciate the assistance.

Back