• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Primary script unknown --> File not found

rgruyters

Basic Pleskian
After upgrading to 12.5.30 I noticed that I have some issues with sites that don't have an index.html or index.php in the httpdocs folder. There is a ".htaccess" with a rewrite to a sub-folder.

The following message is displayed in the (Apache) error_log:

Code:
[Tue Nov 17 11:22:42.753581 2015] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 32559:tid 139724832347904] [client 80.79.108.129:34476] AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown\n'

In the browser I see a "File not found." message.

FPM is configured to served by Apache.

I know it is possible to serve it through NGINX, but I want to give users the freedom do this by themselves. (And it used to work)

Are you running fail2ban by any chance? Reason I ask is I've been chasing the same error and found multiple entries in my fail2ban log with times that tally.

2015-11-18 19:55:04,295 fail2ban.filter [688]: WARNING Error decoding line from '/var/log/plesk/panel.log' with 'ANSI_X3.4-1968'. Consider setting logencoding=utf-8 (or another appropriate encoding) for this jail. Continuing to process line ignoring invalid characters: 'rm: cannot remove \xe2\x80\x98/var/www/vhosts/********.**/httpdocs/img/apps/poa-box.gif\xe2\x80\x99: Permission denied\n'

Watching this thread for any answers.

edit

If it is fail2ban and you see the same errors with the panel log then via ssh:

# fail2ban-client set plesk-panel logencoding utf-8

Since setting this I've seen no more errors, but need to run a couple of days to be 100%

Last edited:
I started getting the error again after restarting the fail2ban service. Seemed to me the config was being rewritten so I went hunting for the config (on Ubuntu 14.04LTS). I found /etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf and added a line there to make the [plesk-panel] section read:

[plesk-panel]

enabled = true
action = iptables-multiport[name="plesk-login", port="8880,8443"]
filter = plesk-panel
logpath = /var/log/plesk/panel.log
logencoding=utf-8
maxretry = 5

Your locations may be different (depends on the OS) but the edit should be the same. Zero errors now after several restarts.

Last edited:
Back