• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem adding php extension for zend under plesk 11.5

Kantaka

New Pleskian
We have been rebuilding our websites after a server re-image. Our new server setup is linux centos 6 with the system managed by plesk 11.5. We need to use zendguard for some of our php scripts so I installed the zenguardloader.so module in the /usr/lib64/php/modules folder. The zend installation instructions require adding
zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/ZendGuardLoader.so
zend_loader.enable=1
to the php.ini file. Under our system there was no overall php.ini file instead there is a ‘system’ folder in /var/www/vhosts/ with /etc/php.ini files for each domain and subdomain. Our server provider said to add the zend code using plesk. In the domains – php settings option (php 5.3) in plesk there is a box at the bottom there is a ‘additional configuration directives’ box into which I put the code above. This disabled ALL the php scripts for the domain, including those that did not use plesk. Can anyone advise about what I did wrong, how do I install zend under plesk 11.5?

Matt

If you need to enable the module server-wide, you should place configuration lines into /etc/php5/conf.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini or equivalent on your system.

If you need per-vhost configuration, place configuration in the mentioned box in the UI. You can check that such changes were provisioned by viewing /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain.tld>/etc/php.ini or equivalent on you system. Note that such configuration will not work with mod_php and php-fpm, and may not work with fastcgi or cgi php handlers.

The most likely potential error is loading ZendGuard loader before ionCube loader. This will effectively turn your PHP into a brick, so avoid it.

Back