• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem after an upgrade in OS and Plesk

X

xcrap

Hi,

I have a dedicated server, the company who provided installed fedora and now we had to changed to CentOS so we could update the kernel and Plesk to the latest version.

A backup was made of the entire server, we where using plesk 7.5.4 and now when trying to restore the backups we had the following problems

First of all.. this one:
Howerver i have two major problems that needs your help
Restoring mysql database 'anfibios' ...ERROR 1064 at line 21: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 5
Restoring mysql database 'acores' ...ERROR 1064 at line 21: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 13

All the databases of our domains couldn't be created. I think this has something to do with different mysql versions but i don't really know how to do now :(

The other problem is that all the files and emails were recovered, the email is working but when trying to access domains i got the message saying... Forbidden Error.

I don't have any ideia of how after that update this could get me this error, beside the mysql problems the recover went very well.

Any help please ? :)

If you did a full backup then why are you having problems? Did you reinstall the OS and restore via psadump? Also if you had an newer version and downgraded mysql then you may want to upgrade mysql to the same version the dump was created with.

You probably should strip off that CHARSET=latin1 unless you are using mysql 4.x (I believe).

The problem is that the OS has changed along with php, mysql and a updated plesk version.

I don't know why, this happend me before when changing from mysql 3.?? to 4.?? but i still have mysql 3.23.58 so it's very strange.

Anyway, the support in the hosting company don't know how to resolve this issue.

My question is if there is any possibility to extract the sql from the dump file backup ? In the backup/restore pdf manual there isn't any mention to that.

Any other ideia ?

The second problem was resolved, it was a permission problem in some folders that lost the owernship of psaserv.

Back