• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem bind (DNS)

JoseSPAIN

Basic Pleskian
hello friends, today accidentally opening the component manager, I have seen that DNS Server (BIND) is disabled. When trying to boot from the panel displays the following error:

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service / etc / init.d / named failed to start ('- start', 'dns')

From ssh I tried: service named restart and shows:

WARNING: key file (/ etc / rndc.key) exists, but using default configuration file (rndc.conf)

rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1 # 953: connection refused
named is stopped

How I can fix it?

There is should be detailed error log in /var/log/messages
Have you checked it?

and check that /etc/hosts file has localhost field and not localhost4,6 or so ..

remember that I am new to linux, I checked what it says and shows abdi: 127.0.0.1 domain.info localhost.localdomain localhost, and other lines show the IP addresses from your domains.
Is it a bug in that?

Jose, this issue should be already resolved with Premium Support through Live Chat. The solution was, Most of your zone files were corrupted, with many missing A records, NS records and etc

Rebuilding ALL the zone files resolved the bind problem ...

We've seen DNS records become corrupted on occasion ourselves.

When restarting named, you can see which records are bad -- an error appears for each domain in /var/log/messages

I forget exactly how we resolved it but we did it on an individual domain basis (e.g. maybe edit a record or add a record then remove it). I wonder if there's a better way?

Faris.

Sure Faris, you could try the following:

1. From Tools & Settings -> DNS Management -> Restore to default -> and choose the option that does not replace custom or user changed domains ...

I do not know why, but the problem resurfaced, now upgraded to # 21, do not know if it will have anything to do, abdi, I can indicate the steps to fix it? :( :(

Hello,
It's a problem with configuration file = named.conf this file is in another place /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf atleast in CentOS 6.x, RHEL 6.x.

If you try from console SSH: service named restart you can get the wrong domains.

Then you must correct this domains in named.conf or through Control Panel.

Take a look in NS registry and A pointer, it's problematic at this time.

After correct all registries you can start named without problem.

Back