• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem changing FTP password in Plesk

banknote

New Pleskian
Hi guys. First of all I believe that the version of my Plesk is Obsidian as I saw this name "Obsidian" somewhere when I was ordering it. Now can not find where I saw it, but anyway, I hope this is the right thread for this post.

I was trying to change FTP password for "myaccountnamehere". So I clicked on "FTP Access" in Plesk under "Files and Databases". That's where I had this warning pop up.

=====================================================================================================================
"There are settings that conflict with the server-wide security policy. Are you sure you want to continue?
If you really want to override the security policy and apply the conflicting settings, click Yes. Otherwise, click No, and then click the link 'apply secure setting preset' to bring the settings in accordance with the server-wide security policy. The following settings conflict with the policy:

System shell"
=====================================================================================================================

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. Then I found another workaround and changed it clicking on "Connection Info" in Plesk under "Files and Databases". That's what I did now, I tested that particular account and selected the following location: https://hostnameprivate.com:XXXX/smb/web/edit which is access via: "FTP Access" under "Files and Databases". Then I created the new password and clicked APPLY or OK, either of the buttons bring the same result, which is shown in the attached screenshot below.

My hosting support (LiquidWeb) is struggling with this.

Attachments

• plesk_FTP-pwd.jpg
    plesk_FTP-pwd.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 6
Since no one responded to my question, I decided to post the solution that my website host support has made for my Plesk server. In their own words:

"While checking, I could see the shell settings selected was "/bin/bash" which is not the default settings for the server. The correct shell access settings is "/bin/bash(chrooted)". So, if you select that option, the password change will work fine as expected.

Now, I selected "/bin/bash(chrooted)" shell option and changed the password for "uinternet" and it worked fine. You may try changing the password from your end and let me know if you see any issues now."

I hope this helps someone. And I hope this is a permanent solution.

Back