• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Problem] How to activate Sitebuilder in a domain from Plesk

L

LaurentT

Hi,

I've got this new problem, maybe due of the changes I made :

- I started to install sitebuilder on a domain, after that I manted to change the domaine, so in command lines I change it.
- Now when am on Plesk (9.2.1) in a creation of a domaine, I click on "able Sibebuilder to create a website" (or something like this, I have french version). But now the checkbox is grey, impossible to activate sitebuilder from Plesk.

So I deleted my Client/domain account and create them again, still have not the ability to activate Sitebuilder.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help

Make sure that "Ability to use Sitebuilder" option is enabled in client's Permissions section and option "Create Web site using Sitebuilder" option is checked in Domain's Web Hosting Settings section.

In fact THAT'S MY PROBLEM !

When I go in my client account -> Web hosting settings, the checkbox is grey, impossible to activate it.

Mysteriously, the Sitebuilder icon is in color, so I click on "Edit in SiteBuilder" (am still in the client account).
There is the domain with a radio button, I clic on it, then on "Finnish" and i've got the error : "Website builder is inactive" ??

I don't understand why because Sitebuilder is installed, I add the Key you sent me.. everything is supposed to work properly.

Do Not forget as I already told you that I changed the domain of SiteBuilder after the installation on an other domain (still on the same server of course).

Hope you will me able to help me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to have support for my problem??

I tried to make a ticket but all the time it says to put the right version of sitebuilder (???)

Any help?? Please!

having the same problem ... any reason why the checkbox is disabled? Sitebuilder is checked in the Client permissions and sitebuilder is showing on the left nav...

see screenshot below:

2u6imuf.jpg

I resolve the problem alone.. after days on search in Plesk!

You have to go in "Clients" -> Clik on the client name link -> Then go in "Panel Preferences" (or something like that.. I've got the french version).
Then you will see a check box to create an account of this client in sitebuilder.

I guess now you've solved your problem.. if not.. well... be patient or pay for support (I understood now how Parallels works!) ;)

I did that " Sitebuilder support
Create a corresponding user account in Sitebuilder"

but it returns this message :

Warning: The following error occured in Sitebuilder:
Not Found

Thank god i figured this out.. took me forever it was related to this.. This should have made this clearer in the documentation or the panel should have warned about this when adding the hostname domain as a Plesk domain:

http://forum.parallels.com/pda/index.php/t-89805.html

Using configuration you have Parallels Plesk apache configuration take place for domain sitebuilder.sanjosesistemas.net but Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder apache configuration should be used instead. In this case server can not find appropriate folder SeviceFacade/ and API files for integration. So in this case you need to remove sitebuilder.sanjosesistemas.net sub-domain from Plesk (or domain if it is created as domain), after that make sure that sitebuilder.sanjosesistemas.net is resolvable (leave DNS records for it only without any hosting). Restart apache service and try to access sitebuilder.sanjosesistemas.net one more time. As soon as Sitebuilder panel is loaded integration should also work correctly. Please check it up and let me know how it goes.

You can not have a domain in the system that is the domain of the hostname... This causes Plesk not to be able to find the Sitebuilder services via the Sitebuilder settings in Plesk

eg i had host.domain.com as the hostname
and domain.com as the domain ...

Back