• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem installation Plesk Obsidian on Centos 8

Digital14

New Pleskian
Dear community,
I have installed a fresh centos8 in server without GUI and when I run the script to install Plesk:

sh <(curl https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer || wget -O - https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer)

The process stops and I am getting an error message:

Plesk installation requires 'PowerTools' OS

I have tried to enable it with this command:
yum install dnf-plugins-core

And when I run this:
yum config-manager --set-enabled PowerTools
I am getting an error saying that the repository can't be found.

If I list them, I can see powertools is available.. is there a problem with the uppercases?

Would you be able to help me? I have done 3 installations and still the same issue. It is from a fresh install of Centos 8.

Yep, same issue here. Plesk devs will need to fix this in the installer, but as a workaround, I modified /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Linux-PowerTools.repo.

Change [powertools] to [PowerTools] and you should be all set.

Related bugreport PPS-10054 was created. As possible workaround open /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Linux-PowerTools.repo in your favourite editor and make the following change:

--- [powertools]

+++[PowerTools]

Thank you so much!
It was what I thought with the Uppercase issue.
I made the change on the file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Linux-PowerTools.repo and ran the script again and it started to install.

May I ask when PPS-10054 will be fixed? Just stumbled against this odd again ... Guess it should be possible to install Plesk on a Centos 8 Server without those Problems ... ? ;-)
thx, bye from Austria
Andy

Hi Andy,
CentOS8 will not be supported after December 31st this year so why still use it.
I migrated last weekend 2 CentOS8 Plesk Servers to RHEL8 without any issues.
Red Hat offers a free subscription (16 Systems) for developers so you just need to register the systems and you get updates.
Have a great Easter.
BR

Hey ggorg,
we switch over to Virtuozzo Linux (VZLinux) as soon as they publish their migration Tool. As we are a Hosting Provider with "a bit" more then 16 Systems in Production RHEL free subsc. isn't an option for us, unfortunately! ;-)
Andy

Back