• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem Migrate Plesk 11 to Plesk 11

HectorS

New Pleskian
Good Morning.

When you migrate, at the end, the domains appear without hosting, but the emails and databases appear, no web files.

When restoring a backup, it is the same.

There is a specific problem, and has appeared on multiple servers with multiple configurations.

When migrating from Plesk 10 no problem occurs.

This is the errors:

1- ERROR: () Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update netc_alicanteinterior -add_user usu_ali_int -type mysql -print-id -default -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.Stderr is Wrong syntax for command's '-passwd' parameter.

2- ERROR: (domain object '****.com') Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update amoncholi.proyectosbeta.com -guid 221a17db-20c4-49fc-a794-134fda5f4d0e -vendor-guid b3c9760f-dda7-4d73-8904-c480175d1b22 -creation-date 2012-09-19 -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 192.168.9.3 -www-root httpdocs -login '' -passwd '' -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.Stderr is Wrong syntax for command's '-login' parameter.

This error appear in all domains.

It seems that attempts to create users without password or login.

Any solution?

Thanks.

***UPDATE***

!!! IMPOTANT !!!

The problem occurs when the source server is installed Centos 6.

I tested a migration of a Plesk 11 with Ubuntu 10.04 to Plesk 11 with Centos 6 and works perfectly.

What is the problem?

Supposedly CentOS 6 is fully supported by Plesk.

Last edited:
!!! IMPOTANT !!!

The problem occurs when the source server is installed Centos 6.

I tested a migration of a Plesk 11 with Ubuntu 10.04 to Plesk 11 with Centos 6 and works perfectly.

What is the problem?

Supposedly CentOS 6 is fully supported by Plesk.

Have you tried Troubleshooter search for "Wrong syntax for command's '-passwd' parameter" phrase?

Yes.

The configuration script of Plesk does not support national characters for password specification.

That's not the problem.

Nothing appears to:

"Wrong syntax for command's '-login' parameter"

Last edited:
Migration

Hi, We have the exact same problem. Migrating from server to server on Cent OS 6. Databses and accounts move accross ok, but no hosting files are transferred.

CentOS 6.3
Plesk 11.0.9 Update #23

Error : failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for command's '-login' parameter

Do you have any special symbols in login names?

No, and it is impossible that all users have a special character.

Another question, this error also appears in all domains:

Error: hosting "*****.com"
The password was generated for user 'sysuser'. New password is '******'

Who is sysuser?

We have NO special characters. The accounts are ismply set to no hosting once they complete migrating accross.

We regularly migrate our sites for testing purposes and they have always worked correctly until roughly update #23 #24

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 MU #24 CentOS 6.3 (Final) 64bit

Last edited:
No. We do migrations several times a week (as a way of creating mirror testing senarios) "Free Assistance Program require 10 business days to complete" is not a useful timescale. Also we are migrating from Plesk 11 to plesk 11 which is notcovered by the free assitance !

The migration worked until recently so i can only assume there is a bug in the software. Can you advise on any further data I can gather to help find the source of the problem ?

Cheers

Thanks :) It is urgent but I will manually migrate the data today...if you need anything else just PM me

PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 MU #24 CentOS 6.3 (Final) 64bit
And
Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 MU #23 CentOS 6.3 (Final) 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When attempting to migrate websites using the Plesk Migration manager from 11.0.9 MU #23 to 11.0.9 MU #24. Migration of hosting data fails. Databases and customer account information are transferred ok however when you go into the customers control panel they are set to "no hostng" and there are obviously no website files.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Login to Plesk 11
Go to migration manager
Migrate a client account (or an entire server) from a Plesk Panel 11.0.9 MU #24 CentOS 6.3 machine
Migration will complete with errors (see below)
Got to Customer account control panel - web hosting will be off

ACTUAL RESULT

No hosting data is transferred

EXPECTED RESULT

Hosting data (ie the website files) are there and website works.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Error:domain "test.gov.uk"
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update test.gov.uk -guid 60222f37-5cde-433c-97c8-daf166161af8 -vendor-guid c8c7d414-3bf2-4950-8108-3027d2ec6161 -creation-date 2012-10-01 -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 87.106.93.109 -www-root httpdocs -login '' -passwd '' -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for command's '-login' parameter.
Error:hosting "test.gov.uk"
The password was generated for user 'sysuser'. New password is 'IcZ0Rjj'

Thanks. I have submitted corresponding request (#123039 for you reference).
I will update thread with results as soon as I receive them.

Hi,

i have the same problems migration from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Plesk Version on both Systems:
11.0.9 Update #24

Here's my error log:
Error:
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php -u XXXXX -ssl_certificate_ref 81307d0c693ee8d509d9fdc849801086 -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Certificate does not exist.

Error: domain "XXXXX"
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update XXXXX -guid 70520a5d-536c-4f38-a175-63d570dfd271 -vendor-guid 9e124c26-8d9a-4a2a-b874-b220cd3a65fc -creation-date 2012-05-31 -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip XXXXX-www-root httpdocs -login '' -passwd '' -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for command's '-login' parameter.

Error: domain "XXXXX"
Failed deployment of database XXXXX_live (domain XXXXX.de)

Error:
Execution of /usr/bin/mysql --no-defaults -u backup_p9G3oA8 -h localhost -P 3306 XXXXX_live failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
source /tmp/migration-unpack-ZrCRF9/backup_XXXXX_live_1_1211131019;
exit
Stderr is
ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 6021 in file: '/tmp/migration-unpack-ZrCRF9/backup_XXXXX_live_1_1211131019': Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Error: domain "XXXXX.de"
Failed deployment of database XXXXX_test (domain XXXXX.de)

Error:
Execution of /usr/bin/mysql --no-defaults -u backup_R7oq77C -h localhost -P 3306 XXXXX_test failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
source /tmp/migration-unpack-wOokCX/backup_XXXXX_test_1_1211131019;
exit
Stderr is
ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 6486 in file: '/tmp/migration-unpack-wOokCX/backup_XXXXX_test_1_1211131019': Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Error: domain "XXXXX.de"
Failed deployment of database XXXXX_test_new (domain XXXXX.de)

Error:
Execution of /usr/bin/mysql --no-defaults -u backup_y4y0Y9Z -h localhost -P 3306 XXXXX_test_new failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
source /tmp/migration-unpack-pq9qiP/backup_XXXXX_test_new_1_1211131019;
exit
Stderr is
ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 6265 in file: '/tmp/migration-unpack-pq9qiP/backup_XXXXX_test_new_1_1211131019': Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Error: hosting "XXXXX.de"
The password was generated for user 'sysuser'. New password is 'XXXXX'

Back