• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem migrated site and slave DNS manager

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I have an issue with a site a migrated from one plesk server to another plesk server. After the migration is completed DNS settings does not work in slave DNS manager for this site. The DNS settings in the site in the control panel (for example the A registry point to a external IP address) are not the DNS settings that have the slave DNS manager (the A registry point to the Plesk IP address not the external IP address)

I try to restart bind, modify DNS records, resync slave DNS manager... nothing happens, If I resync, the data in the slave DNS server is not updated.

It is not the first time I see this, but now I need that works...

Any ideas?

He AyAmshanov. Thanks for you reply.

I checked the troubleshooting and no logs with any error. The problem is that if I resync the DNS servers in the slave DNS manager and I go to /var/cache/bind the records of this domain are not updated:

-rw-r--r-- 1 bind bind 911 oct 28 18:15 domain.com

(Oct 28 is the day I migrated the domain, today is 31 Oct)

If I delete that record and resync no new record is created. The rest of the DNS records of the server are resync in the slave DNS server but not this one... So the only domain that is not resync is this one migrated, the rest are resync...

Just two quick checks:
- What exact version of Plesk Obsidian do you use? 18.0.47 Update 5 contains a fix for DNS events.
- What do you see when you open the Slave DNS Manager page? Is it able to get status of slave dns server(s) like on the attached image?

Attachments

• Slave DNS Manager.png
    Slave DNS Manager.png
    48 KB · Views: 10
Hello and thanks for your help

Plesk version is 18.0.47 Update 5.

This is what I see:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-11-01 a las 8.08.01.png

Also I try to reconfigure the domain with cli, reset DNS records of the domain, modify them... nothing works, the domain DNS records does not update...

That is strange.
In this case, I will suggest check DNS service logs on the primary and secondary servers; or contacting the Plesk Support team to allow them make a log research on servers.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply again. After review the logs and don´t find anything I opened a ticket in plesk support.

I will update this one if we find the problem and how to fix it.

Regards

Hello,

For those who have this issue in the future this can be fixed if you check

"Use serial number format recommended by IETF and RIPE" checkbox

under:

Domains -> domain.com -> DNS configuration -> Configuration tab

Regards

Back