• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem Php 7 and ionCube

Manuel_Caramia

Regular Pleskian
Hi, after I setted php 7 on my plesk panel 12.5 and after I opened my site I receive this error:

Site error: the file /var/www/vhosts/MYSITE/httpdocs/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

How can I solve?
Thank you so much

ioncube_loader for php7 is available yet
http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=4396

it is provided in the next php 7 update ?
Just download it from http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
Then copy to correct place like:

# cp ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/

and add line

zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so

at the end of /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini file. After that

# plesk bin php_handler --reread

and see:

# /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php -v
PHP 7.0.11 (cli) (built: Sep 21 2016 10:12:52) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v6.0.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v7.0.11, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

yes thats clear, or create /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini like in the other versions shipped by plesk.

so it will not automatically be included as in the other phpversions of odin ?

Hello,

at the moment i have some performance isuses with a few customers. To resolve this we would like to test the performance with PHP7 but we need Ioncube.

Is there any interim date when the update will be publuished?

Hello Igor,

thanks for the reply. Till now i can say, the ioncube encoder for php7 works like a charm with plesk. I have manually build it in my test enviroment.

But i don't now how stable this is for the automatic updates that come with plesk. And of course i don't want to set it on all server manually.

Hello,

after a few more days since my last post, i want to ask again. Are there any new information regarding the Ioncube encoder under PHP7.

Today i realized that in Plesk 17 Onyx the Ioncube encoder is missing too.

So please don't unterstand my question as unfriendly but i don't see what the big deal is with this update.

On Plesk 17 Onyx latest Update by today it says on PHP 7.0.13:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

How shall I proceed?

Best regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

as i can see. Till now the ioncube loader is not shipped with plesk and PHP 7. You can wait for the microupdate that is mentioned by Igor.

Or you build it manualy to run with the plesk own PHP versions. But i can't tell you, if this way is safe for the microupdates.

Hi,

Is this now added to Plesk? (its just a coincidence that it is 1 December and you said it would be done in November.... I'm not breathing down your neck, honest :) ).

I can manually override this, as am building a staging site on a dedi with Plesk on it and make ready for PHP7 is a major part of that. We need ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so - and ideally without going down the manual route as this is scheduled by you guys.

Just an update on whether this is in there or not will help me!

Thanks.

We will include it in one of nearest Onyx update. Now you can use my solution from #4

Hello @ all,

just check in a up to date system if the file
/usr/lib/php5/20121212/ioncube loader lin 7.0.so exist.

Because i saw by the way, that the ioncube loader was implemented and this was not manually implementend from me.

If the file is present, then just go in an single customer or the service plan an add

zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so

to the additional php options. And now Ioncube is available for you.

With this workaround you don't change the plesk own config files.

Back