• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem prior to upgrade to Plesk 12.0.8

Ronald Demneri

New Pleskian
Greetings,

I need to upgrade from version 11.5.30 update #47 to version 12.0.18 mostly because of Fail2Ban and mod_security. when I started the upgrade, both via gui and cli, I receive the warning message regarding the issue with sso. I tried to follow the kb that is provided with the warning, but I cannot find the specified file that the kb article points to. in my server, which is centos 6.5 64bit, there is no sso-cpserver.conf. all I can find is /etc/sso/sso_cinfig.ini which might or might not be related to the above file. in the path that the kb points to, there is only one file, namely /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/hspc-httpd.conf.

I searched online and also this forum, but did not encounter this same situation.

has anyone else had the same problem? is there a way to circumvent it?

any help is appreciated.

BR,
Ronald

Hi Igor,

I mean KB 112666. The article says that there should be a file named sso-cpserver.conf in /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/, but in fact there is no such file in my system. I also want to add that the current installed version of Plesk in the server is also an upgrade from version 11.0 and SSO was installed from the begining.

BR,
Ronald

Do you have sso package installed? Check it with

# rpm -qa | grep sso

and remove it if installed.

Yes it is installed, the version is sw-sso-2.18-13031813.noarch.

Is there any configuration prior to remove it? Do i need to disable sso before removal? Also, since we are using CBM mainly for domain registration, do you think there will be any side-effects? Can we install it again after the upgrade?

Thanks again, your help is appreciated!
Ronald

Hi Igor,

is there any update regarding my questions in the previous message?

do i need to disable sso before removing it? will we be able to install it again, and, if yes, will it work with pp 12.0.18?

thanks in advance,
Ronald

Last edited:
Well. Try to disable sso and then repeat upgrade attempt.

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sso -d

Contact Support Team if not help.

I am sorry Igor, but that is not "well". The fact that Parallels provides a KB that should help me upgrading to PP 12.0.18, while still not being helpful in this regard is not a good practice. I appreciate your support on this matter, but your answers were too short and did not provide the additional information that I requested. Also, I would certainly open a support ticket if it were some problems with the panel in general, but it doesn't make sense to open a support case for upgrading to the most recent version.

anyhow, can you please check whether any issues arise after installing 12.0.18 and then re-enabling/reinstalling sso?

thanks in advance,
Ronald

Upgrading previous Plesk version with CBM and SSO should be smooth and successful. If there is a problem, and if problem can not be resolved with the help of suggested KB article, this means that the problem is more complex and deep, and it must be addressed with the help of technical support.
Sorry, but forum is not support helpdesk, it is just place for discussions, suggestions. Anyone can help anyone. There are a lot of possible reasons of upgrade problems and many of them can not be resolved by forum discussions because deep investigation directly on server is required.

Back