• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Problem running Perl / CGI

igoldman

Regular Pleskian
Hello to all members ,

I would like to run cgi / perl scripts.

in which folder I need to host the files ?

currently I see that the following is installed in my server :

Perl v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

when I try to run cgi file then I get the following error :

502 Bad Gateway
Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server

someone knows this issue ?
someone know how to fix it ?

The error can be caused by the following:
502 Bad Gateway. Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy. You receive this error message when you try to run a CGI script that does not return a valid set of HTTP headers.
502.1 CGI application timeout.
502.2 Error in CGI application.

Hi , give us more details.

Also check which Perl modules do you need ?

There is possibility to install additional perl modules under windows platform.

Plesk for Windows 7.5.6
PHP 4.4.3 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jul 31 2006 23:25:09)
Perl v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

Users are having issues uploading files in Nuke/Mambo sites...they are getting the Bad Gateway error. I've upgraded PHP to 4.4.3 which some have said fixes the problem. I have changed all php scripts to use curl instead of fopen...still have an issue :(

I thing most common problem with this error is folder or file permission.

Put this line in perl script file after "#!/usr/bin/perl":

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

This will help you get clearer message of what is wrong when you access your webpage

Aris, www.slohost.net

Back