• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem sending mail via php (oscommerce)

G

gotcha

I got a funny problem sending mail via php.

I use the standard mail() function from php which shows no error after the call. But none of the emails I want to send this way ever get to the receiver. But not only this they also don´t show up in ANY logfile (and I checked them all!!!).

If I try to send mail via console everything is fine though.

I already tried to change the php.ini path to sendmail which didn´t help.

mx record shouldn´t be an issue because I don´t want to recieve emails.

I also tried mchk without any result....

my phpinfo says SMTP=localhost (Port 25)

Maybe someone of the smart guys out there has a clue for me.

thanx in advance

by the way...

by the way I using a 1&1 root server which is a server completely configured by 1&1 with plesk preinstalled.

I can suggest you to check following things:

1) 127.0.0.0/8 network is permanently whitelisted on your server (Server -> Mail -> White List)

2) Make sure that /usr/sbin/sendmail is a symbolic link to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail binary.

3) If doesn't helped - check out if whole mailsystem works. E.g. try to send mails via webmail. Trace down delivering stages through the /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog.

4) If doesn't works anyway -> try to use /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk
utility (--help for little info). It could rewrite all mail related configs and if problem is in misconfiguration - it should help. Do not
forget to restart qmail after running mchk:
# /etc/init.d/qmail restart

Hope it will help

Back