1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem to send a mail with Qmail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Kalibao, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Kalibao

Kalibao Guest

Hi,

I try to send a mail with the mail function in PHP.
    When the command is executed, the mail is redirected in the queue with this message in the "maillog" :

Have you an idea to solve my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Pierre

2. ProBidTemplates

ProBidTemplates Guest

This sounds like the same problem I was having... I kept looking everywhere on my server and finally... I noticed that the firewall settings in Plesk where not allowing my mail to go out. By default the setting was not setup for outgoing communication so I had to create a custom firewall setting. After the first test, all my mail was being distributed.

hope this help you.

3. dynamicnet

dynamicnet Basic Pleskian

90%
    Greetings:

Good point.

I would also add to make sure all servers allow UDP 53, name servers allow TCP/UDP 53.

Please also make sure your mail server IP is set up with a reverse DNS through your data center.

Thank you.