• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with chrooted bash

S

spuky

After an upgrade to 8.3 on centos 5 I have the allready reported problem with the watchdod module an one other problem...

I have a few users that have chrooted shell access configured for their domain.. this was working fine until i Updated to 8.3

the authentication procedure is working fine so in the secure log ich have the usere login in and right after that disconcting... other shells are working fine... but the chrooted bash seems to be somehow broken. And I can't figure out what is going wrong...

as soon as I log in and enteerd the password successfully I am logged out again..with the message "conection to "hostname" closed" this is just happening for the chrooted version of bash if I set bash as shell everything is working fine..

any hints where to look for maore info ? any other users with that problem ??

Thanks for help!

probably they again forgot to add some library into chrooted environment..

start ssh connection to the server but do not login, then run `strace -f` on the sshd process that serves this connection, then continue logging in.. it should show at what step connection is closed..

Back