• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem with connecting to the HTTP server

C

cnu2k5

While publish the website i got the Error like
There is either a problem with connecting to the HTTP server specified in the web site URL, or the web site URL does not correspond to the specified publishing location
The log says in admin pannel is

Creation date Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:35:42 PM
Level Warning
Source System
Class name SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker
User name cnu2k5
Representative
IP address 192.168.1.1
Requested URL /Admin/SiteMgmt/SiteList.aspx?SiteID=f1c5d254-65d5-48a0-a902-ac96b804c01d
Referrer URL
User agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; MEGAUPLOAD 2.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.590; .NET CLR 3.5.20706; IEMB3)
Message Publish Location checker, CheckStatic step error
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.GetContentByUrl(String url)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.CheckStatic()

Can any body explain me the settings what ihave to do in my webserver.same way plz explain me how to use xcopy feature in sitebuilder.

Bye

Srinivas.

Most probably URL for website where publication goes not correct or FTP user's home directory not the same as path to the files for website. I can suggest you to check URL, FTP credentials one more time and make sure that when you log under FTP user into publishing server, after changing directory to Working directory you will be in the same directory where site files are stored.

If you select XCOPY publication mode, provide the following parameters:

* Host is an IP address, domain name, or machine name of the publishing server.
* Web site URL is the address the site will be available at after publication.
* Working directory is a name of the share on the server and the path to the files of your site. Do not include the name of the server into this path. For example, Sitebuilder\Site1
Working directory should be shared.

I have the same exact problem but haven't been able to fix this for the past 2 days. Can you please explain the steps in detail? I cannot find any documentations on SWsoft's website. All I can find is overview but nothing in detail. Thank you in advance.

I either get this error or the ftp error.

Details:
There is either a problem with connecting to the HTTP server specified in the web site URL, or the web site URL does not correspond to the specified publishing location

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Message Publish Location checker, CheckStatic step error
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.GetContentByUrl(String url)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.CheckStatic()

Did anyone get a resolution to this?

I upgraded to version 4.0 over the weekend and whenever I attempt to publish any site I get that error message.

Back