• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with Horde WebMail

D

dany81

Hi all...

from some days i've problems with the correct configuration of the Horde WebMail...
When i try to connect into the page answer to me with a message:

Warning: fopen(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\horde.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\horde\pear\Log\file.php on line 202

a premise: before of this error i'had a similar:

Warning: fopen(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\horde.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\horde\pear\Log\file.php on line 202

---

I've win2003 web edition and i've resolved this making a WINDOWS directory (in win2k3 the default directory are /WINNT and not /windows)

for this second problem i've search also in the other open's thread but without any risult.
I've tryed also to change the authorization to the horde.log file 'cause, as the helping in the others thread, "permission denied" is an error of wrong authorization.

Thnx anticiply to all for any explicy helping can u give me :)

Dany

update:

i've fixed alone the last problem but now i've another new problem:

when i try to login with [email protected] and password, webmail answer me with an error message of Login failed.

in the horde.log there is the message:

Mar 10 19:12:57 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 87.10.153.12 to localhost:110[pop3] as [email protected] [on line 247 of "D:\inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\horde\imp\lib\Auth\imp.php"]

any idea?

horde

is this occuring for all users ?

if so try resetting horde password.

It is stored at

C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk/etc/webmail.pwd

Login to mysql from command line
use database mysql and update horde password same as set in
C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk/etc/webmail.pwd

Command to set password is

update user set Password=PASSWORD("yourpasswordhere") where User = "horde";

Admin
http://shellscripters.com
AIM: shellscripters
MSN : [email protected]

I have the same firt problem that you have, i got the message of permission denied, how did you fix??? Thanks!

I just removed the file 'horde.log' from c:\windows\temp\, and that worked...

Hi Dany ,
==========================================
when i try to login with [email protected] and password, webmail answer me with an error message of Login failed.

in the horde.log there is the message:

Mar 10 19:12:57 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 87.10.153.12 to localhost:110[pop3] as [email protected] [on line 247 of "D:\inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\horde\imp\lib\Auth\imp .php"]
=====================================================
Now i am facing issue same like above, how the issue got resolved. I was deleted horde.log file and checked but still same
issue getting repeated. By resetting horde password your issue got resolvded ?. Any one is facing simailar issue then
please kindly help me. Your quick help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Steve

Hello Steve!

Sorry but for this question i cant help you so well. This thread was too old and i dont remember i've resolved my particular issue. Now i've 9.2 plesk version that work well.

I think it's a good way the suggestion from shellscripters. U can try to manually reset the pwd from a single user and see if it work

bye,
Daniele

Hi Dany,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what happen to server suddenly webmail service is working fine.
How is Plesk 9.2 control Panel, Any major or minor issues. Till now have you
faced any major issues with 9.0. Your advice is require so that i have plans
for upgrade from 8.6 to 9.2.

I have one more doubt why i am not getting Sitebuilder free with plesk new
version. Previously i have server plesk 7.6 which is having sitebuilder 1.1.4ver
any idea.. Thank you.
regards
Steve

Hello,

Sitebuilder requires additional license – it is additional software that is just integrated with Parallels Plesk Control Panel.

Regards,
Maria

Back