• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue There was an error sending your message could not open secure TLS connection to the server horde

Amar

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am getting the below error while sending mail from Horde webmail.
"There was an error sending your message could not open secure TLS connection to the server".

Things checked :

1. Checked for logs, but i didn't got any logs in the horde directory. Its only showing this :

2017-08-04T08:31:07+00:00 EMERG: HORDE [imp] Mail server denied authentication. [pid 372332 on line 94 of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Webmail\horde\horde\imp\lib\Imap\Exception.php"]

2. Tried to check with IMAP and POP both, both are showing the same error
3. Checked Mailenable setting for anything related, but nothing as such.

I am using Windows 2012 R2 Server, Please guide me how to fix it.. have tried the below steps but it doesn't fix it.

Unable to send email: Could not open secure TLS connection to the server
Horde login failed: Could not open secure TLS connection to the IMAP server

Any luck on this? After updating from Onyx 17 to 17.5 Horde was broken.
The Horde login fix above works and allows me to login again, but now trying to send gives the error as Amar mentioned.
The above fix edits the /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/config/backends.php file and changes the IMAP settings from tls and port 143 to use ssl on port 993.

The 2nd post listed says to confirm /etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/conf.php has:
// send email with authorization on SMTP server
$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'localhost';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 25;
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

My Horde log at /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log says this after I try to send a message each time:
ERR: HORDE [imp] Could not open secure TLS connection to the server. [pid 19005 on line 1160 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Compose.php"]

ARGH! Any help would be great, please!

Kalin

Last edited:
Hi, UFHH01.
I checked your first link originally - it was in the OP's post. I double-checked the issue with the 2nd link you posted isn't the issue either. The imapd.pem file looks totally fine and not corrupted. Any other ideas? It's a problem since Roundecube's webmail is not very mobile friendly, so with Horde not being able to send there's not a fully functional webmail app on any of our servers right now. I've tested TONS of settings and combinations and Horde just will not send.

Thanks,

kalinc

Anyone else have any suggestions here? Without a fix, webmail has big issues on all our servers. Horde can't send emails, and Roundcube is unusable on mobile.
Thanks,
kalinc

Back