• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with mail quotes

R

redprive

Hi,

I have a problem and I don't know how I can resolve it.

I have a lof ot mail accounts that they have a Mailbox quota Default for the domain (19.5 MB), but now your mailbox have 100Mb.

Why this mailbox don't is locked when it has 20Mb?

Thank you very much

Hello,

Could you please specify what Plesk version you are using? Is it Plesk 8.3?
Basically, earlier Plesk versions uses /var/qmail/mailnames/DOMAIN/MAILNAME/@mbox.quota to write quota value, so, you can check this file to make sure that is it stored correct value.

Plesk 8.3 should use "/var/qmail/mailnames/DOMAIN/MAILNAME/Maildir/maildirsize" files to store mailbox quota. However, sometimes Plesk uses "/var/qmail/mailnames/DOMAIN/MAILNAME/@mbox.quota" one and ignores content of "maildirsize".
If "@mbox.quota" file does not exists, mail quota for the mailbox does not work at all.

This problem will be fixed in Plesk 8.4.

As hotfix, the following files:

/var/qmail/bin/qmail-local.moved
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.moved
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-remote.moved

should be replaced with:
var/qmail/bin/qmail-local
var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
var/qmail/bin/qmail-remote

from psa-qmail RPM that is installed in your system. It's version can be found with:
# rpm -q psa-qmail
psa-qmail-1.03-cos4.build83071218.20

The files can be extracted with:
# rpm2cpio psa-qmail-1.03-cos4.build83071218.20.i586.rpm | cpio -idmv

Please, apply this solution only if you sure that it is your case.

I was wrong, I have 7.5.4 version.

I'm going to translate my question to the correct forum.

Thank you very much

@Satoriya:

Hey, that's exactly my problem. I'm on Plesk 8.4 (migrated from, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1, 8,0 and 7.54) and Plesk made the quota-changes in /var/qmail/mailnames/DOMAIN/MAILNAME/Maildir/maildirsize.
My old mailboxes had the /var/qmail/mailnames/DOMAIN/MAILNAME/@mbox.quota - file and the value in this file is used for the quota.
So, I can't modify the quota in the plesk-CP, I have to do it, through SSL via vi, manually.

Now, I wan't plesk to manage the qouta again. What can I do?

I tried the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v command.

Any ideas?

Thx, HMnet

Back