• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Problem with migration from cPanel to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.26

VojinP

Basic Pleskian
I have the latest cPanel and I installed on new server the latest Plesk Obsidian (18.0.27). When I wanted to migrate accounts, there was an issue when migration started, and I found out that there is a bug in 18.0.27. However, I have another Plesk server where I have 18.0.26. But I couldn't even connect to cPanel. I'm receiving a message:

Failed to perform action: Fetch shallow data from source cPanel
Cause: Failed to connect to the the source server 'cpanel' (79.124.76.179) at '79.124.76.179' by SSH as 'root': Error reading SSH protocol banner[Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Any idea where is a problem?

This happens if the server accepts the connection, but the ssh daemon does not respond for 15 seconds. This may be network congestion, failed switches, etc., but usually this means that the target server is down or its sshd service is hanging. Recovery is to wait and try again. If you control the server, it's time to check its performance.

You can reproduce this error by creating 10 threads and opening/closing ssh connections as fast as you can on all of them. The sshd daemon cannot respond in time, and the above exception is thrown.

This happens if the server accepts the connection, but the ssh daemon does not respond for 15 seconds. This may be network congestion, failed switches, etc., but usually this means that the target server is down or its sshd service is hanging. Recovery is to wait and try again. If you control the server, it's time to check its performance.

You can reproduce this error by creating 10 threads and opening/closing ssh connections as fast as you can on all of them. The sshd daemon cannot respond in time, and the above exception is thrown.
I control both servers, all of them work smoothly, all in the same data center... And issue is not plesk related as I can see now. I just tried from SSH console on plesk server to connect to ssh on WHM... And I got a following error: ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer. Need to fix this first :)

Problem solved. Even I have enabled plesk server's IP in WHM firewall to be able to connect to SSH, in /etc/hosts.deny it says:
ssh: ALL
just changed that and it works now ;)

However, I have successfully migrated one website to Plesk 18.0.26... Then I tried to migrate it from that Plesk to final destination on 18.0.27 ... can't. Bug is not just cPanel related, whole migrating script in 18.0.27 is messy. :(

Back