• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with nginx 404 error when ticking option in domain

drusixtynine

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,
So I have a tricky problem according to me,
I am having a problem making a link to an .exe file on my website (a download link for people who want to test my software) and that was giving me an nginx 403 forbidden error
Searching on the forum, someone suggested to uncheck the option "restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" and "smart static files processing" in mydomain.com>Apache & nginx settings.

When I did so, I also unchecked "proxy mode" on the same page and since then the domain subpages aren't working, the homepage is supposed to be working but as it redirects to a subpage, it also ends with an nginx 404 error. The other domains are working though.

Now I am stuck and even if I check back again everything, that domain wouldn't work anymore
I tried to restart the nginx server, but no luck
I thought maybe the problem is with te .htaccess file and reset it to a default one, but no luck
the only way I found to have that domain work again, is to stop the nginx service for the whole server
And obviously my .exe file link still doesn't work (even without nginx proxy service) as it ends with an Apache 403 forbidden now

Would someone help me please, as I am really stuck and I don't want to make more harm to my configuration

Back