• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with obsidian server backup

maurosan

New Pleskian
Hello,

I migrated from a Plesk Onyx server on Centos 6 to a Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu 18 using better hardware than before. If on Onyx I performed a daily incremental backup with a full backup every 7 days, with the same domains and contents on the new server, the backup process slows down the server so much that I get the time out error on all ports (web and mail). Furthermore, the process seems to stop when it encounters important data files, i.e. on domains that have perhaps 50/100 GB of email data space. I tried various combinations starting from the same settings as the previous plesk server (onyx), trying with and without compression and with different CPU priority levels, but without success.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Here my spec:
Ram = 32 GB
CPUIntel(R) Xeon(R) E-2134 CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 core(s))
VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.33_build1800210123.00 os_Ubuntu 18.04
OSUbuntu 18.04.5 LTS

If there is a huge number of separate files, a backup can take a very long time. Have you checked the cpu load during the backup? What does it say? Have you checked the backup log in /var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-..., too? Where does the process need a lot of time?

Back