• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with planned backups

Frank Oltmanns-Mack

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have migrated to Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 from 12.5. To migrate i took the following steps:

1. My hoster is providing me a vServer with a Virtuozzo Container
2. I used a plain Plesk installation with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS beneath
3. After that i restored my backup which i did in 12.5.
4. There were some tasks i needed to do to get everything running

Now Plesk is running fine but i also scheduled a backup task which should backup everything to a FTP. The backup is scheduled to run at 3 am. But there are no backups done. I see the /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task trying to run in the /var/log/syslog but no error code is given.
In plesk i see the scheduled task just fine.

Can anyone maybe help me to look for additional logs where i can find the problem or has anyone a solution why the backup task is not run? I tried every knowledge base article i found about the topic. Hence the reset "Last Run" date in the Plesk DB.
backup.PNG

Seems as if nobody knows how to fix that problem. My hosting provider is now looking into the issue. If i get an answer from them i will update this entry.

Ok, it seems i have found the problem. After reading some knowledgebase entries i set the last_run field in the database to empty with the following command:
update psa.BackupsScheduled set last='' where obj_id=1; update psa.BackupsScheduled set last='' where obj_id=1;

That seems to have broken the backup process. After resetting the date to a real date now the manual run is going through fine. I have scheduled a backup know and will test if the scheduled run is doing fine also.

Back