1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Plesk 7.5.4 and Firewall

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by WarBirD, Jul 22, 2007.

1. WarBirD

WarBirD Guest

Hello,

i wonder if someone can help me with a weird Problem. On my rented Rootserver i still got the old Plesk 7.5.4 installed. I never had much problems with it, except lately.

I got several IP Ranges in the Firewall set, sometimes I just be rather on the safe side and ban a few people more than risking having some suspicious looking things going on on my Server. Now lately a few friends of mine can´t access the Websites anymore. I did of course check if I banned maybe their IP range because of someone that maybe had a IP in that range, but that isn´t. When I disable the Firewall, they can access the Site anymore. If i enable it again, they can´t. How can that be if their Range is not even in the Firewall ?

I just have no idea anymore. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

WarBirD