1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Plesk 8.4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by qualispace, Aug 26, 2008.

1. qualispace

qualispace Regular Pleskian

73%
    Hello,

I am getting a problem with Plesk which is installed in a VE created by Virtuozzo. Whenever I click on any link in Plesk, I get the following error

Service is not available now, probably your Plesk is misconfigured.
    Contact Your provider for details.

Internal Plesk error occurred: <b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]Invalid connection

I cannot even switch the DB provider for the Plesk nor can I run the Plesk Backup utility to take the backup and restore it in a fresh VPS. If I try to switch the DB, I again get the error Invalid Connection. It seems that the problem is with the DB which is currently used in Plesk. Can anybody let me know the solution to the problem?