• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with sending E-Mails

Fabhino22Elz

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
i have the following Problem.
A customer of us has an not on our plesk hosted online shop, that is adressed to his domain like www.domain.com. He has several e-mails for this domain like [email protected].

We arranged a testsystem for this customer on our server. Because of some plugins he uses, that are limited to his domain, we just set up a account on our plesk with his domain and for developing we tell our .hosts file to point to our server when running this domain.

This works fine.

But now, because we send our emails with our account on the same server, the mails that we send to his adress ([email protected]) will not be send to him, because plesk thinks, that this email must be on the same server plesk is hosted on.

So what can we do here to send the emails over our server to a specific domain, where we have an account on our server, but the domain is not pointing to our server.

I hofe anyone understands what i am talking about :)

Hi YourShopPartner,

If I understood correctly, looks like you need to change MX-record in the "testsystem" and point the record to the real mail system of the customer.

Thx for your answer, i tried that. The mx is now set to the japanwelt mx entry i found out via dns lookup.

But if i want to send a email i still get this message:

Ihre Nachricht hat einige oder alle Empfänger nicht erreicht.

Betreff: Betreff
Gesendet am: 24.05.2018 20:25

Folgende(r) Empfänger kann/können nicht erreicht werden:

'[email protected]' am 24.05.2018 20:25
Serverfehler: "550 5.1.1 <info@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table"'

Once again: I am trying to send a email to a external domain, but an domain with the same name is on my plesk. i guess my plesk trys to send this mail to itself, but it should send that mail to the right domain.

I had the same problem the other day. A client the other day could not get their domain verification sent to their inbox. Ended migrating to a email system moving away from plesk.

Back