• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with Smartermail server

S

shehatovich

I installed smartermail server pro edition,and was working on its built-in web server.Every time I open it or try to log in to mailbox,it opens a blank page with the options on the top nad givs me error in page in the bottom left corner of the page and nothiong else displayed.

I configured it on the IIS and created a web site for,but plesk didn't accept the username and password that I already created through the set up.

Need help

As you can see in other threads Plesk supports smartermail only if u use smartemail's web server (binding all ips at 9998). I also think that using IIS is better, and asked last year SW to implement an option for this (eg sacrify an ip of server to have smartermail there), but nothing...

manos
netactionhosting.com

I run SM 4.3x with Plesk 8.4 and have configured SM to run in IIS and using their own web server on 9998. You need both for plesk to talk on 9998 and users on port 80.

The way to configure SM on IIS is to point the home folder of the IIS 'webmail' domain to the SM folder 'MRS'. That way Plesk updates the host headers for SM domains in the correct IIS site. So assuming you create a webmail.mydomain.com subdomains, it will always work even with shared IPs.

Lea

Back