• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with SSL certificate

A

Adamgreen240

Hi guys, Bit of a technical issue, not sure if anyone will know how to help! But, just changed one of my sites over to my VPS server, and reinstalled my SSL certificate, but im having a few issues.

All seems to be working fine in Chrome, Safari, and Firefoz, but it is throwing up an error in Internet Explorer.

The certificate when looking through chrome, safari, and firefox is the certificate i have installed (issued to my domain) but it is showing a totally different certificate when viewed in Interent Explorer (i think it is using the one which secures the server plesk admin panel?)

Does anyone know whats causing this?

Site working great in chrome:

chrome.png

Not so good in IE:

ie1.png

ie2.png

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks folks!

Your install of Plesk probably included the apache with SNI support option; this lets you have multiple SSL certificates per IP address and is supported by some newer browser versions. What's probably occurring is IE is not properly negotiating for the site in question and the server is using its default certificate. Try fixing it by going into the settings area of Plesk, click on IP addresses, click on the number on the far right of the line where there is the IP this site runs on, in that page set this site to be the default for this IP address.

Hello,

I Have a similar problem:

- Centos 5.7 / Plesk 10.3.1 / Apache 2.2.21 with SNI support / mod_ssl 2.2.21;
- 2 owned SSL certificates on the same IP;
- 40 domains sharing this IP;
- 1st certificate is the default for all domains (working fine in all browsers - issued by Godaddy);
- 2nd certificate associated to only 1 domain and its 2 sub-domains (issued by RapidSSL);
- IE is the only browser that does not recognize the proper certificate for the domain with the 2nd certificate?!?!

Thanks you,

What version of IE and what OS is it running on? I believe SNI support is only in IE8+ on Vista or newer; pretty sure I read it will not work on XP even if you're on IE 9.

Back