• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with Update - Cannot be displayed

LloydD

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,
I have just installed Plesk 10.0.1 trial on my server (running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) but when I click the "Update" button in Plesk all I get is a new empty browser window "Page Cannot be displayed" so I cannot add any extras.
When I installed Plesk 10 I did a typical install.
Anyone have any ideas as to the problem?
Thaks in advance for any help
Regards

Lloyd

updater redirects you to a new port (8447) make shure this port is reachable on your computer not blocked by a firewall on your computer or your companies firewall or something like that.

No, it's defo pointing to update on port 8443 (in the address bar).
However I did open port 8447 on my router but still won't update.
It's like the update interface hasn't been installed.

I did notice that when I apt-get update there is no reference to plesk repositaries, but that wouldn't affect the update interface would it? It would just affect which repositaries are searched?

Thanks in advance for any help

I had the same issue. On my server the issue is intermittent. I found that a temporary solution that worked for me was to reboot the server. In plesk version 10.0.1 is it possible to uninstall components from a web interface like plesk 9.5.3?

I believe that the updater issue may be a permissions problem. My server requires me to enter the root password in the updater web interface in order to look at the updates. In previous plesk versions the root password was not needed. Sometimes I enter the root password and the updater screen doesn't load, other times it loads. It is an odd problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, permissions may be set wrong, where would I find the updater folder to set the permissions?
I can't seem to find any mention of it.
kind regards

Lloyd

Well IE8 and IE9 will not forward you to the port 8447, Firefox will forward you to the port but still can't display the page.
What the hell ?? When I publish a webpage I check if it will display properly in all browsers! Or atleast ie and firefox.

What's going on?
Everything else functions as you would expect, I just can't update, so i can't add the modules I want.

for me it works in IE8? so i dont know whats your problem. special security settings in your IE? What exact error do you get in your other browsers? Why do you not use command line updater to install you most needed addons till your GUI installer will work?

Yeah I do use CLI for updates, but I would like to have a fully working Plesk Update too.
I haven't got any special browser security settings.
In IE8 & 9 I click the update button it goes to this URL..

https://www.my-domain..com:8443/admin/update/

Page cannot be displayed.

In firefox 3 it opens this URL...

https://www.my-domain.com:8447/?secret=&locale=en-US

(sometimes with a secret key) but always

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.my-domain.com:8447.

The port 8447 is open on my router, How would I view the iptables in CLI and open the port if it's not there?
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, but have very limited knowledge of Linux.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Where is your server hosted? have you contacted your hoster with this problem? eventually your hoster has a firewall blocking this port?

I have it installed on a dedicated Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server in my office - it's a test system to help me understand better what I am dealing with on my hosted VPS as when i bought it I was under the impression i was paying more to get good support - apparently not, webfusion just ripped me off lol
So I have found myself having to learn ubuntu/linux; hence the basic questions :D

I will download the iptables and check there, I just find it odd that it has a different url from ie to ff.
Thanks for your help
Kind regards

Lloyd

I am still getting this problem, cannot use the update system in Plesk.
Where would I be able to check if the update folder has the correct permissions as I have no idea where to look.

How can I check the iptables? And what would the command be to make a new rule in the iptables?
Thanks in advance for your help

Back