• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Problem writing from one site to another

jc jc

New Pleskian
Hi

We have a web based admin system which creates a pdf on another website on the same server website for specific users to download.

Since moving to plesk we have been unable to make this work

We have tried setting open_base_dir and permissions to 0777 but absolutely nothing we try
seems to work.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

jc

Are the websites in the same subscription? I think that open_base_dir only enables access within the same subscription.

Hi

I am not sure what you mean subscription. We have the entire web server and it runs about six of our websites.
The admin site and the publishing site both run under different webspaces. We have had the server for a couple
of months so i presume it is running the latest plesk. I can't find out how to tell what version it is running. It just
says "Web pro edition". Our left menu is completely different to the menu in the help.

Thnaks

jc

It sounds like they're in different subscriptions, in which case it's not possible to use an open_basedir exception to allow one site to access a file from another webspace - only from another site within the same webspace.

There's no simple way around that, other than using an HTML ref to the desired file.

Back