• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Problems activating PHP 5.6 in Linux 11.5 Panel

André Grehs

New Pleskian
Plesk 11.5.30 - Update 51
CentOS 6.5

After making the PHP 5.6 activation process on the panel 11.5 for Linux, we find the following error in the execution of PHP pages after choosing PHP 5.6 at the hosting.
upload_2016-11-4_18-1-41.png

While browsing to PHP website, the apache error logs inform:

[Fri Nov 04 17:48:59 2016] [warn] [client ip address] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Fri Nov 04 17:48:59 2016] [error] [client ip address] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Fri Nov 04 17:52:26 2016] [warn] [client ip address] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Fri Nov 04 17:52:26 2016] [error] [client ip address] Premature end of script headers: index.php

I contact the support team, and they said:

Hello Andre,

Thank you for the update.

Please note that since Plesk 12.0 you can install and use multiple PHP 5.x versions built by the Plesk team via the Plesk panel. Hence, I would recommend you to upgrade Plesk to 12.0 or higher version to fix this issue.

We try to do the following proceso to fix the problem too, but nothing works.

https://kb.plesk.com/en/120785

P.S: I can´t upgrade to the latest version of the Panel right now.

Can you help me?

Hi André Grehs,

the found KB - article 120785 already provides steps to solve your issue, so pls. consider to POST the corresponding outputs from your command line, when you used the suggested commands from the KB - article, so that people willing to help could help to investigate the issue together with you.

Examples ( quoted from the KB - article ):
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php_handlers_control --list

/usr/local/php5.2.17-cgi/bin/php-cgi -v

... etc ...

Hi UFHH01, how are you?

The output commands:

[root@ ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php_handlers_control --list
id: display name: version: type: cgi-bin: php.ini:
module 5.3.3 5.3.3 module /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini
fastcgi 5.3.3 5.3.3 fastcgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini
cgi 5.3.3 5.3.3 cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini
3 php-5.6.3 5.6.3 fastcgi /usr/local/php563-cgi/bin/php /usr/local/php563-cgi/etc/php.ini
[root@ ~]# /usr/local/php563-cgi/bin/php-cgi -v
PHP 5.6.3 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Nov 1 2016 17:04:10)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
[root@ ~]

Hi André Grehs,

( I'm well, thanks. ^^ )

Pls. consider to use the FORUM - features ( for example "CODE" ), as for example the fourth button from the right at each navigation bar on top of each forum - text - box. It makes it easier to read posts, copied from your command line. ;)

Pls. report the steps you used to install your additional PHP - version and don't forget provide the missing informations as suggested above:
Examples ( quoted from the KB - article ):
... etc ...
The MORE informations you provide, the better will be possible investigations abd possible solutions to solve your issue(s). ;)

Back