• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems after updating to 7.5.3

M

mutsch

I just tried to update to 7.5.3 (base package only).
Plesk didn't came back after more than 20 minutes and couldn't been reached via the admin frontend. I restarted apache but obviously httpd.include was not correct so no domains could be accessed.

I set back the httpd.include to httpd.include.bak which was still there. Ok, now I can access my server again and I also got a mail that the update didn't succeed due to some error.

Now back in Plesk I try to go back to the Update section to check what's on the system (a lot of updates obviously already took place according to the email log) but now I get a dialog in the updater settings that says someting like:

Error: info file is corrupted. Parse error in line 278. It is possible , that you have specified wrong network settings , such as server addressor proxy params. Also this may be caused if you are using auto installer of an older version

How can I get the Updater back to work and what went wrong in the first place? The last log message in the email log is

===> Installing Quotas
Trying to change mount options in /etc/fstab... awk: cmd. line:2: (FILENAME=- FNR=8) warning: error writing standard output (No space left on device)
error: %post(psa-7.5.3-suse9.1.build75050506.13) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap..done
Stopping imap-ssl..done
Stopping pop3..done
Stopping pop3-ssl..done

Any idea or help. Thx.

Hi,

I didn't mention that:

df -a
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 507848 507844 0 100% /
proc 0 0 0 - /proc
tmpfs 10240 0 10240 0% /dev/shm
devpts 0 0 0 - /dev/pts
/dev/hda5 5115304 1024252 4091052 21% /usr
/dev/hda6 5115304 289336 4825968 6% /var
/dev/hda7 27391096 1192824 26198272 5% /home
none 124092 4 124088 1% /tmp

looks good to me. hda1 is the swap space right?

Mutsch

Actually, it says 'Mounted on' = '/', so it looks as if you have run out of room on your primary partition. Which would include /boot and /root

Ups, I see. Not good.

Not sure what I can do about that. I checked the partition but I don't see what i can delete in here. Why is the boot partition so small. I am using the standard config I got on the server.

Any Idea why the updater doesn't work anymore? Can I somehow reset it to get back to normal? Do you what info file the updater is referring to?

In the update setting the actual url of the update server is missing. Not sure if that was the case befor.

First solve the out of space problem. Look in /root/psa for old version directories. There has to be something you can get rid of to free up some space.

As to why it was so small in the first place, you would have to ask the company which set it up initially.

Thanks for the support so far.

I deleted 7.5.1. Didn't touch 7.5.2 and 7.5.3 as the installation is somwhere in the middle i guess. Or can I even delete those because it's a tmp dir?

Good, at least the updater is now working again. Any recommendation for starting the 7.5.3 update again?

Back