• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems installing ioncube on Plesk 8.4 with php 5.1.6

S

sixmedia

Hi there

I'm having problems installing ioncube on my Fedora box running Plesk 8.4 and php 5.1.6. I'm trying to install the loaders and the php.ini level and understand that with Plesk I have to create a file called ioncube.ini and put it into the /etc/php.d/ directory. I've now done that and the contents are as follows:

zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so

ioncube.ini is being loaded by php.ini now, but when I do php -v I get the following:

Failed loading /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Sep 18 2007 09:07:28)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

Does anyone know how to get this working? I have a number of sites that require ioncube and this is holding me up big time!

Thanks in advance,

Jim

I fixed it. Looked up "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" and found it meant I was using the wrong .so file! My server is 64 bit and I was using the standard version. Doh!

Back