• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problems switching physical hosting IP

D

daffoml

I have a client that wants to do SSL on their site, so I added another IP to the box, set it to be exclusive, and setup the SSL cert to that IP.

I go into the domain, choose setup hosting, and switch the IP address to the exclusive one.

After I click OK, the domain shows all is fine within plesk, but if I try to surf to the site, I get

If you see this page it means:
1. hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk

Any ideas?

If I try to put it back to the original IP, it still doesn't work.
I had to restore the domain from backup in order to restore the site.

Thanks

You might just need to restart Apache after doing it. It might also be sensible to make the domain the default domain for that IP?

I'm just guessing I'm afraid.

The possible reason of the issue is that your domain name is still resolved to another(old) IP address.
Check that the domain is resolved to exactly IP that is specified in apache config file /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/conf/httpd.include:
<VirtualHost <IP>:443>
ServerName <domain>:443

Faris: Tried that, no change.

dash: I looked there, any everything appeared ok, this box also handles the DNS for the domain, and before I started all of this, I cranked the SOA timers down so the changes would happen in a couple minutes, so it's not a DNS problem. I am stumped.

A really odd part is, I have switched domains to new addresses numerous times, and have never had a problem.

I have tried changing the IP during the restore (IP mapping) but that doesn't work either.

What other apache files could I look at?

Thanks for trying to help!

Well, this is how I got around the problem, I won't say I fixed it.

I backed up the domain, deleted the domain, then restored the domain, mapping the domain the new address.

I have no idea why that domain was such a pain, I've now moved the remaining 5 to the new IP without incident. So in total, I have 52 = no problems, 1 big problem.

You are gonna hate this answer

There are three ways to resolve this problem. None are pretty:

1st:

Push the reboot button next to the shutdown button on the PLESK interface.

NOW!!! I said the REBOOT button not the SHUTDOWN button.

2nd:
if you have shell access enter SSH.

type the following

root@myserver ~]# vzlist -a
you will get
CTID NPROC STATUS IP_ADDR HOSTNAME
1 86 running 209.xxx.xxx.xx ServiceCT
101 58 running 209.xxx.xxx.xx plesk1.mydomain.com
110 59 running 209.xxx.xxx.xx plesk2.mydomain.com

pick the container [CTID] that corresponds to your plesk server where the domain in question is located. Enter the following line of code

root@myserver ~]# vzctl stop 110

Now wait patiently. This will happen

Stopping Container ...
Container was stopped
Container is unmounted
root@myserver ~]#

Then do this.
[root@myserver ~]# vzctl restart 110
Restart Container
Starting Container ...
Container is mounted
Setup slm memory limit
Setup slm subgroup (default)
Setting devperms 20002 dev 0x7d00
Setup ioprio: 7
Adding IP address(es): 209.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hostname for Container set: plesk2.myserver.com
File resolv.conf was modified
Container start in progress...

[root@myserver ~]#
Go back into plesk and double check the I.P. address and then wait 5 minutes for propigation given your HOST/ISP Provider. Double check the domain.

That is what you do when you have lots of PLESK servers and don't want to reboot the server.

3rd:

Just type this at SSH Prompt
[root@myserver ~]# shutdown -r now

wait 5 minutes and then see the paragraph above.

-Chris

Back