• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems Upgrading Plesk 9.0

S

slarv

I tried to upgrade from Plesk 8.6 to 9.0 this morning. It stuffed up.

I made a backup using pleskbackup beforehand. When I try pleskrestore to restore to try and get things back to how they were
"Unable to read file 'plesk_backup_file_8.6_all' "

At this stage I dont really care if I have 8.6 or 9.0 I just need to work out how to get it up and running again.

Below is the end of the email log. Apologies for the large quote, I couldnt figure out how to do a codebox.

As far as I can tell, it seems as though the plesk update script had a bug causing the mysql syntax error... and its left me with a half formatted for 8.6 and half formatted for 9.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Slarv

Trying to start service mysqld... done

===> Checking for the necessary system accounts Checking for the system groups and users necessary for MySQL...
Checking for the group 'mysql'...
Group 'mysql' already exists

Checking for the user 'mysql'...
User 'mysql' already exists

Checking for the system groups and users necessary for admin server...
Checking for the group 'psaadm'...
Group 'psaadm' already exists

Checking for the user 'psaadm'...
User 'psaadm' already exists

Checking for the group 'psaadm'...
Trying to add supplementary group 'psaadm' for user 'sw-cp-server'... done Checking for the group 'psaserv'...
Group 'psaserv' already exists

Checking for the group 'psaserv'...
Trying to add supplementary group 'psaserv' for user 'apache'... already there Checking for the group 'psaserv'...
Trying to add supplementary group 'psaserv' for user 'psaftp'... already there Checking for the group 'psaserv'...
Trying to add supplementary group 'psaserv' for user 'psaadm'... already there Checking for the group 'psacln'...
Group 'psacln' already exists

Checking for the system groups and users necessary for Apache...
Checking for the group 'apache'...
Group 'apache' already exists

Checking for the user 'apache'...
User 'apache' already exists

Trying to establish test connection... connected done ===> Preparing upgrade Trying to backup MySQL database... done MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz
Stopping Plesk... done
Checking that /usr/local/psa/bin/chrootsh registered as login shell...
/usr/local/psa/bin/chrootsh already registered as a login shell

Stopping Plesk... done
Trying to register service xinetd... using /sbin/chkconfig done Setting the default locale The default locale is set to en-US (ENGLISH, UNITED STATES) Setting the services information on VZ mode.

===> Installing rbash
Checking that /bin/rbash registered as login shell...
/bin/rbash is already registered as login shell

===> Installing psa database
Trying to define valid mysql credentials... Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to start service mysqld... done Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database... version is 0860
I: nothing to change in /etc/my.cnf
Trying to insert Hostname to the MySQL database... done

===> Installing Admin Server

===> Updating crontab...
install Backup Manager task is already performed by cron Trying to untar Virtual Hosts directory structure... done

===> Installing Virtual Hosts Directory

===> Installing Apache Server
Trying to stop service httpd... httpd (pid 30118 30117 30116 30115 30114 30112 30106 30105 30104 13352 12092 12090 12088 12086 12084 12083 12082 12081 11472 9363 7769 7675) is running...
Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
done
Copying apache files... done
Quotacheck not needed for Virtuozzo

===> Installing and configuring Named Server

Checking for the system groups and users necessary for named (bind)...
Checking for the group 'named'...
Group 'named' already exists

Checking for the user 'named'...
User 'named' already exists

Stop running named daemon
Trying to stop service named... number of zones: 9 debug level: 0 xfers running: 0 xfers deferred: 0 soa queries in progress: 0 query logging is OFF recursive clients: 0/1000 tcp clients: 0/100 server is up and running named (pid 9402) is running...
Stopping named: .[ OK ]
done
Trying to untar named run-root directory structure... done Trying to set up default permissions... done Trying to start service named... rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused named is stopped Starting named: [ OK ] done Trying to install chrooted environment... mknod: `/var/www/vhosts/chroot/dev/null': File exists
groups:
probably it will not work in chrooted acconts

WARNING!
During the register groups in chrooted environment found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa_9.0.0_cos5.build90081117.17_upgrade.081222.11.46.log)

Continue...

done
===> Installing phpMyAdmin
done
===> Installing /usr/sbin/suexec replacement Trying to backup original /usr/sbin/suexec... `/usr/sbin/suexec' -> `/usr/sbin/suexec.saved_by_psa'
done
===> Cumulative upgrade has been started preparing to upgrade Plesk keys Starting Plesk Key upgrade task installing additional keys Plesk Key upgrade is prepared Trying to migrate admin params to clients table...
ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: UPDATE clients SET address='St Leo's College, Colleges Rd' where id =2 Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_9.0.0_cos5.build90081117.17_upgrade.081222.11.46.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-9.0.0-cos5.build90081117.17.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 Trying to install PAM module... done Trying to start service mysqld... done Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to establish test connection... connected Trying to create temporary database storage... done Trying to upgrade persistent database storage... done Trying to start service mysqld... done Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to establish test connection... connected Trying to upgrade persistent database storage... done Trying to start service mysqld... done Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to establish test connection... connected Trying to create temporary database storage... done Trying to upgrade persistent database storage... done

The installed Plesk release (86080722.00) does not require this hotfix release (9.0.0).
Thank you for choosing our products!

Trying to establish test connection... connected done ===> Checking database version ===> Deleting older event handlers Trying to start service mysqld... done Trying to establish test connection... connected done ===> Setting up file owners ===> Deletting old database ===> Installing database ===> Set up monitrc_vz.tpl as template for monitrc ===> Registering module ===> Configuring module Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap [ OK ]
Stopping imap-ssl [ OK ]
Stopping pop3 [ OK ]
Stopping pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]
Starting pop3-ssl [ OK ]

ERROR: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

---
Parallels Products Installer.

In the parallels site there is a "How to" translate a 8.6 backup to a 9.0 backup. Obviously the backup code is the 9.

Back