• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Problems with conf-available/javascript-common.conf

Larian

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk 18.0.61 Update 1
After my update to Debian 12 and Plesk 18.0.61 Update 1 i had a problem with one website

I found out, that this website couldn't find his directory /javascript and found out that there is a config at /etc/apache2/conf-available/javascript-common.conf - but this config has a date from 2020 and i didn't touched it at the update.
In this Config there is the line "Alias /javascript /usr/share/javascript/", after i uncommented it, everything is working. But there are some files in this directory, i think some program is needing them.

What's the correct solution of this problem and why it worked on the old configuration (Debian 10, Plesk 18.0.60). Is there any way to say, that this webseite ist using his own javascript-doirectory and not this one from /etc/apache2/conf-available/javascript-common.conf?

i found this problem only on an old plesk-Version in this forum: File does not exist: /usr/share/javascript/webtoolkit.url.js

The /etc/apache2/conf-available/javascript-common.conf file is part of the Javascript Common package. However, even if it has recently been installed the file will still show 2020 as the last modified date, as that's the date from the repository.

The Javascript Common package isn't part of the default installation Plesk. You can check if there are any dependencies with apt-cache rdepends --installed javascript-common. If not, you can probably safely remove it with apt-get purge javascript-common. But if you've already commentated the alias line out, it probably won't do much more harm.

Thank you. Javascript-Common is needed for mailman3-web.
But it seems mailman is working without this line. And i think mailman3-web is needed for mailman, even if psa-mailman3-configurator shows no dependencies there.
But unfortunately I still have the problem that mailman is not working properly at the moment :( (see: Question - Mailman3 with plesk)

Back