1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with FrontPage users and admin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by opusinteractive, Dec 27, 2004.

1. opusinteractive

opusinteractive Guest

using Plesk 7.0.2, I am not able to log into the FPWebadmin at all using neither the login for the ftp/fp user or the server admin login.

i can log in as admin from the server itself, but none of the domains logins work that way either.

another problem i see on that server is that the accounts are all defaulted to browse only rather than author or admin, and i cannot change them because the submit/cancel buttons on the page do nothing.

anyone else have this problem and find a fix for it?

2. mrbister

mrbister Guest

Hi!

Did you enable the frontpage authentication when u created the domain?

-MrBister

3. opusinteractive

opusinteractive Guest

yes, FP is active on the domains, but i cannot add or edit the users in the sharepoint page. the buttons are there, but they do nothing when clicked.

it appears there is a missing file. i found a patch that supposedly fixes this on the ms kb, but that patch requires office to be installed, which it isnt since this is a web server.

4. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

think upgrading to 2003 standard edition would be a wise move. actually, an enterprise or datacenter edition would be better, then you got a resource manager too, advisable for running hosting.

is it not possible to uncheck fpe in setup and then enable it again? sometimes tricksing like that helps issues