• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with FrontPage users and admin

O

opusinteractive

using Plesk 7.0.2, I am not able to log into the FPWebadmin at all using neither the login for the ftp/fp user or the server admin login.

i can log in as admin from the server itself, but none of the domains logins work that way either.

another problem i see on that server is that the accounts are all defaulted to browse only rather than author or admin, and i cannot change them because the submit/cancel buttons on the page do nothing.

anyone else have this problem and find a fix for it?

Hi!

Did you enable the frontpage authentication when u created the domain?

-MrBister

yes, FP is active on the domains, but i cannot add or edit the users in the sharepoint page. the buttons are there, but they do nothing when clicked.

it appears there is a missing file. i found a patch that supposedly fixes this on the ms kb, but that patch requires office to be installed, which it isnt since this is a web server.

think upgrading to 2003 standard edition would be a wise move. actually, an enterprise or datacenter edition would be better, then you got a resource manager too, advisable for running hosting.

is it not possible to uncheck fpe in setup and then enable it again? sometimes tricksing like that helps issues

Back