• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems with installin Magento 2 on Plesk 12.5.30

Friedrich Keydel

New Pleskian
I unsuccessfully tried to install Magento 2 on a fresh configured Apache 2.4 Server with Plesk Panel 12.5.30.

After trying to install it via SSH manually, I finally used the Plesk Software Installer to do that for me!
I took care of all the prerequisites on my own, running PHP 7.0.8 and MySQL 4.6. Plesk says, the installation went well, but if I try to access the shop via Plesk Website Preview, it just loads a blank screen an does not stop loading! The Website preview is configured with nginx.

Do you have a tip what could be the issue here?

You will to access directly to get anything useful.. set up a local hosts entry so you can see the domain as normal in a browser and then see what errors you get.

Hey, thanks for your answer! Do I need a real new Domain to do that or can that be done using the Plesk-Panel Domain? How and where can I do that?
I'm sorry for that question, it's the first time I manage Plesk and a virtual server on my own!

You can install Magento on your real domain in Plesk or use fake Plesk domain with local resolving.

Create Plesk domain with name fakedomain.com, configure it according to Magento requirements and install Magento from App Catalog.
Add on your workstation to hosts file line

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx fakedomain.com

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is IP of your fakedomain.com.
After that if you open fakedomain.com site on your workstation browser you will see content of this domain.

Hey there,
that was really helpful, I was able to solve the problem with this solution!
Nevertheless, I asked myself if there would be another way to accomplish this with pure server or plesk techniques? Isn't it possible to reach the virtual hosts folders plesk generates with an URL structure that based on the Plesk-URL? What if I want to show the current project status to my client, but I don't have a real domain, because the domain he want's to use later is currently managed by another provider? In my eyes, that couldn't be the only way to handle this!

For all people who are running into the same problem: we were able to solve this without purchasing a real domain or changing local host files.
The problem resulted from the misconfiguration in our fake-domain settings.
There, we allocated an internal IP-address of Plesk. This IP-address allready had our public plesk IP associated (the IP-address with which we can access our plesk panel), so that it was also shown in the settings of our fake-domain. Nevertheless, if we accessed the webspace through the website preview, plesk always tried to resolve the internal IP for loading further ressources. But from that IP they couldn't be loaded.

The solution was to add a new IP into the plesk IP-settings. There we set our public plesk IP as new IP-address and also as public IP of that new IP. After allocating this IP-address to our fake domains, all webspaces were accessible over website preview!

Too bad the plesk support didn't have that tip for us!

Back