• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems with installing memcached for PHP 8.0

Martin73

Basic Pleskian
I used the following instructions for installing memcached and changed 7.4 to 8.0:

Code:
apt install memcached autoconf automake gcc libmemcached-dev libhashkit-dev pkg-config plesk-php*-dev zlib1g-dev
/opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/pecl install memcached
echo "extension=memcached.so" > /opt/plesk/php/8.0/etc/php.d/memcached.ini
plesk bin php_handler --reread
service plesk-php80-fpm restart
service apache2 restart
/opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php -m | grep memcached

But after the last step I get the following error message:
Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Does anyone have an idea for the reason. The file memcached.so doesn't exist on my server, but how can I initialize it?

Plesk: Obsidian 18.0.40

You are right, there is an error. What can I do? :confused:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/mod ules/memcached.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), / opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/mo dules/memcached.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory )) in Unknown on line 0
pecl/memcached is already installed and is the same as the released version 3.1. 5
install failed

After step
Code:
PHP memcached module compilation process should be completed without any errors. There is no point in taking subsequent steps without successfully completing this step. I asked about errors in this step.

I suppose that you have error like
Code:
ERROR: `phpize' failed
In this case, you have to install additional package:
Code:
# apt install plesk-php80-dev
Or do you have another error on this step of module compilation?

It's already installed. This is the message:
Code:
plesk-php80-dev is already the newest version (8.0.13-ubuntu.20.04.211119.1249).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
# /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/pecl install memcached
pecl/memcached is already installed and is the same as the released version 3.1.5
There is no other error. Memcached for PHP 7.4 is working fine. I don't understand the problems for PHP 8.0.

It's already installed. This is the message:
Code:
plesk-php80-dev is already the newest version (8.0.13-ubuntu.20.04.211119.1249).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
# /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/pecl install memcached
pecl/memcached is already installed and is the same as the released version 3.1.5
There is no other error. Memcached for PHP 7.4 is working fine. I don't understand the problems for PHP 8.0.
Do you have this module loaded now? Please check it with

# /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php -m | grep memc

This is the result:
Code:
# /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php -m | grep memc
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Please, make sure that command:

Code:
# /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/pecl install memcache

is completed with the following message:

Code:
Build process completed successfully
Installing '/opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib64/php/modules/memcached.so'
install ok: channel://pecl.php.net/memcached-3.1.5
configuration option "php_ini" is not set to php.ini location
You should add "extension=memcached.so" to php.ini

As you can see, compiled module should be located in /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib64/php/modules/memcached.so but not in /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so

That was a difficult birth. I uninstalled memcached and started from scratch. The php.ini was the cause. Here are the steps for the installation:
Code:
apt install memcached autoconf automake gcc libmemcached-dev libhashkit-dev pkg-config plesk-php*-dev zlib1g-dev
add "extension=memcached.so" to php.ini
Following:
Code:
echo "extension=memcached.so" > /opt/plesk/php/8.0/etc/php.d/memcached.ini
plesk bin php_handler --reread
service plesk-php80-fpm restart
service apache2 restart
/opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php -m | grep memcached
The compiled module is located in /opt/plesk/php/8.0/lib/php/modules/memcached.so. There is no lib64 folder.
Many thanks for your help!!!

Not sure any of this applies, but I see the extension installed in my PHP info.

/opt/plesk/php/8.0/etc/php.d/mbstring.ini, /opt/plesk/php/8.0/etc/php.d/memcached.ini,

But I don't see a configuration listing for it on that info page.

????

Back