• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with mysql admin

W

Warlock Storm

Hello

I put this question here to know if someone have or had the same problem and if it's possible to solve.
The main problem is that the admin account can't connect to the mysql databases (the other mysql users can connect).
If I try to connect with command line mysql with the admin account I obtain an "error 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'127.0.0.1'" but with another user it connects correctly.
In the panel I can login with admin but in Database Servers the mysql appears with a problem, and we can't access with phpmyadmin to any database ,it returns #1045 - Access denied for user 'admin'@'127.0.0.1' (basically the same that with the command line).
Can someone help us to solve this problem?

Ps : I read that adding skip-grant-tables on my.ini , and after reloading modify the line of admin (changing the password) in mysql/user table can be solved , but we have tested it on a virtual machine and this way crush the plesk panel.

yes, the general cause of such situation is that 'admin' password stored in Plesk database gets un-synchronized with one stored in MySQL database (I mean client's MYSQL, that is running on port 3306). All instruction on how to update it is provided in KB http://kb.odin.com/en/1153

Hello,

I tried Fix 1153 but stil can't access with user admin except if i add "skip-grant-tables" in "my.ini".
I can connect with all the others mysql users

Plesk 9.5.2
Mysql 5.0.45

Any other idea please ?

Thanks

Back