• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with Plesk generic page showing after restore and problem logging into Plesk with user name and password.

vtaero

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
22.04.2 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
Plesk version and microupdate number
I am trying to migrate my 4 Worpress websites from a Plesk instance running on Amazon Lightsail to another instance running on Lightsail but with a new OS and installation of Plesk. I'm trying to migrate one of the sites that very small first as a test. That site gets little traffic. Once it's working I'll move the others.

I have two problems.
1. I've backed up the site on the old version of Plesk, I've uploaded it to the new version of Linux and Plesk, but I can't seem to make the actual home page appear. I just get the Plesk generic page holder to show up with the Plesk logo. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on it.

2. I'm having trouble making my user able to login on the new Plesk instance. I keep having to use the URL from Lightsail to login without using the login user name and password that I create in Plesk. I get an error of "Internal error TypeError: Failed to fetch"

For both these problems I've Googled all over and can't find good solutions. Any help would be great! Thanks

I figured out that my problem of number 2 was just a DNS issue pointing to a different server of mine. So I can now use the renamed server to get in, but I still can't figure out any way to properly migrate my sites over to the new server. Still looking for that.
Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

Back