• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with Qmail.

S

Scriptor

Hi, I have a problem with Qmail, for some reason it keeps turning off. I check in the the Services, and it says "SMTP Server (QMail)" with and X next to it... Any known problems like this? It turns off like every 2-6 hours. Thanks.

Have you checked your log files for error messages or indications as to why it might have stopped?

Are you running the watchdog ? If so, you might want to disable the watchdog or stop it from monitoring Qmail. We uninstalled it on our systems, since there are to many problems with or were. I'm not sure whether they already have been solved.

If you want more information regarding the watchdog let me know, or do a search on watchdog on this forum.

Hey,

I have had a similar problem. It seems that xinetd restarts itself at random times and fails to restart the qmail service. (check your system log in /var/log/messages)

I have watchdog enabled so im going to disable it and see what happens.

Back