• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with redirecting mail

K

kdrerup

I have a client setup to redirct their mail to another email address. The redirection works fine, but the email still is left in their mailbox. Is there something I did not check off to tell it not to leave a copy on the server after it forwards the mail.

The redirection works fine, but the email still is left in their mailbox. Is there something I did not check off to tell it not to leave a copy on the server after it forwards the mail.

uncheck the "Mailbox active" checkbox.
if there's a mailbox active incoming mail will be forwarded _and_ put in the mbox.

I have just realised this too as we redirect a lot of our clients mail on various domains and we were losing a lot of disk space.

I have also noticed that disabling a users mailbox doesn't 'delete' the mailbox to reclaim any space. The only way I have found to do this is load up each users webmail, delete all the messages and then disable the mailbox.

Is there an easier way (for about 70 clients)?

Back