• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with sending e-mail (NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT)

MislavO

Regular Pleskian
[SOLVED] Problems with sending e-mail (NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT)

Panel version: 11.0.9 Update #9

I have a problem with sending e-mails, but not receiving, so here is an example:
[email protected]
[email protected] - using gmail

When i'm sending e-mail from "[email protected]" to "[email protected]" i receive it, but opposite is not working (i've also tryed to send from both address to my private e-mail and receiving is working / i've also tryed to reply on that e-mail and i received them also).

I've tryed few solutions that i found on google and here on forums, but that didn't work.

Error log: # cat /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog | grep "DOMAIN.TLD"

Aug 27 12:49:43 hostname postfix/smtpd[1740]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xx.xx.xx[xx.xxx.xxx.xx]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<UserPC>

Aug 27 13:07:56 axion postfix/smtpd[7399]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xx.xx.xx[xx.xxx.xxx.xx]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<UserPC>

Also same message from Microsoft Outlook:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: testing
Sent: 27.8.2012 15:08

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'[email protected]' on 27.8.2012 15:08
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Both e-mails exist, i created them just in purpose to test this, because my client was complaining about this.

Last edited:
SOLVED

Problem was:
- so i have this domain1.com on Plesk, and domain2.com somewhere else (not on the same server)
- problem was that domain2.com was created for testing purposes on the same server as the domain1.com so i guess the mail service was checking the server (where is the domain1.com located) if maybe the domain domain2.com exists here and after that it moved on asking where to go next...and yes, in this case domain2.com did exist on the same server and user didn't exist - as the error were saying:

User unknown in virtual mailbox table

- so i guess if you get this type of error, check this and it will solve your proble

NOTE: there can also be the problems if you're using google GMAIL service, then you must turn off mail service on that domain (you might get same error because mail will check if domain exists on server and because there is option "mail service" enabled, it will try to send e-mail on some user and failed (obvious)- because there are MX records and CNAMEs pointing to gmail services) - disabling "mail service" on domain, mail will no longer ask on local level if domain exist, it will point to google and everything will work just fine

You can close this topic. Thanks.

Back